Saturday, July 30, 2022

WHAT IS IT?

 



WHAT IS IT?

I have driven past this old building many
times over the last ten years.  But what 
is it for?

The community I live in is (was) like so
many in this area years ago.  We have a 
community building, several churches and
a lodge.  But driving by the above area
it is not even obvious that it is a community.
So what is the building for?

Since taking the above picture they have
repainted it.  It probably was during the
repainting process that I drove by one day
and the door was open.  I could see pews
inside.  Then I pulled it up on a Google map 
and they show it as "Lone Star Church".           

So, it is a Church.
I kind of like that.
No big signs with service times,
who is speaking,
or even who the pastor is.
Just sitting there being used
week by week for what
it is intended for.





No comments:

Post a Comment