Saturday, May 7, 2022

SNAKES


"Look, I am sending you out as sheep
among wolves.  So be as shrewd as 
snakes and harmless as doves."
(Matthew 10:16 NLT)

We are to be as "shrewd" or wise or smart
as snakes.  How shrewd is that?

I have had more experience with snakes than
most people.  But, I am by no means a 
herpetologist.  My experience with snakes is
limited to to some as "pets" in cages and those
around on my property.

In cages as "pets" where I had to feed and 
water them I've had several gofer snakes as
they were called in that area.  And here, a
garter snake like above, a boa constrictor
and a hog nose snake.

Out side on the property I have experience
with; copper heads, black snakes, speckled
king snakes, ring neck snakes, cotton mouth
snakes and of course garter snakes.

What can I learn from them.
1.  They are quiet.  You never hear snakes
going around talking a lot or making a
lot of noise.  When was the last time you
heard a snake going around bragging on
it's self?

2.  They mind their own business.  They 
did not go looking for you.  You stumbled
across they while they were looking for 
something to eat, or were resting.

3. Generally they would only strike or
bit you in self defense or if they thought
 you were going to harm them.

From here, you add to the story.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment