Saturday, April 30, 2022

END OF AN ERA



Years ago I got "fed up" with living
in town.  So, in 1973 I moved to my
present location.  You know, rural, 
out of town, in the country.

And of course I then went into all of
the country living.  A garden, chickens,
geese, ducks, sheep, milk goats and
more.

At that time the closest community was
only a couple of miles away with a population
of just over a hundred people.  But, but, but.
Today that community has grown to over a
thousand people, and new houses going up
all over the country.

Things have changed.  Not necessarily
for the good.  I'm 88 years old, have 
passed the property on to the kids who
are not farmers, but city dudes living
in the country.

So, even the old chicken pen, pictured
above, is getting ready to come down.
This old place is becoming a very large
city lot.

Yes, I am even weary of all the constant
change that goes on around me.  But
there is still one "constant" in my life.
God.  He does not change.  Any more
God himself is the only thing I count
on to not change.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment