Saturday, October 29, 2022

OVERHAUL TIME



That is an old pitcher pump at Fort Rock
Family Camp.  It probably was installed
mostly for appearance sake.  But, the small
kids just love it.

Any time camp is going you can look over
at that old pump[ and some kid will be pumping
the dickens out of it.  It has "city" water in the
tub underneath, but the kids don't know the 
difference.

I have been a volunteer worker at Fort Rock
Family Camp for possibly ten years.  Mostly
I just repair things.  That means when that old
pump gets worn out, I have to repair it.  I have
no idea how many times I have had to overhaul
that poor old pump because the kids keep 
wearing it out.

But, isn't that just like life.  Day after day we
go through the motions of life and it puts a 
lot of wear on us.  In time if we are not care-
full we become indifferent to the things of 
God while we are just trying to survive the
things of life.

It would be well for us to heed the advice
that the apostle Paul gave to young Timothy:

"This is why I remind you to fan into 
flames the spiritual gift God gave you
when I laid my hands on you."
(2 Timothy 1:6 NLT)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment