Saturday, September 10, 2022

NEARLY GONE



I know.  To you kids this is just the sun
going down on a winter day.  Big deal.

But for myself I see a different symbol.
The Scriptures tell us;

"Seventy years are given to us!
Some even live to eighty.
But even the best years are filled
with pain and trouble;
soon they disappear, and we 
fly away."
(Psalms 90:10 NLT)

Now I have passed seventy years and
I have passed eighty years and am 
much closer to ninety years.  That 
means my days are numbered.  So I
see it more as life it's self.  You know:
Spring has come and gone.
Summer has come and gone.
Fall has come and gone,
and I am in the winter of life.
Soon the sun will go down for me.

So, for you kids I'll just say;

"Don't let the excitement of 
youth cause you to forget
your Creator.  Honor him in your
youth before you grow old and say,
'Life is not pleasant anymore.'"
(Ecclesiastes 12:1 NLT)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment