Saturday, May 21, 2022

EXASPERATED


I am not a small engine expert.
I AM NOT A SMALL ENGINE EXPERT.
I repeat;
I AM NOT A SMALL ENGINE EXPERT.

However.
I like engines, and small engines has been
a part of my life for at least 70 years now.
I spent over 25 years as a professional auto
technician and even took an expensive 
small engine repair course before I retired.

Of course, since retirement I have had lots
of lawn mowers, chain saws, weed eaters
and other small engines to work on.

Then this weed eater came along last week.
It would not take the gas.  It would sit there
and run like a brand new weed eater, until
you gave it the gas.  Then it would starve
out, just like it was running out of gas.

I took the carb completely apart cleaning
ALL the passages and ports.  Checking the
fuel lines etc.  Put it all to gather, AND,
it still would not "take the gas".  I was 
exasperated.

I did not know which way to turn,
except to pray.

After a while it seemed that God was
trying to impress on my mind to check
the muffler.  So, I did.  Would you know,
it was so full of carbon I was surprised 
that the engine even ran.

A closing thought.
It appears to me that the owner has been
just using regular old engine oil to mix
with his gas rather than 2 cycle engine 
oil.  It looked like the exhaust system was
drowned with oil, which of course made
it carbon up so bad.

So, if your grandmother is having trouble
with her weed eater, have her check the
muffler.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment