Saturday, June 11, 2022

STUCK



Yes, that's a Jeep.
Yes, it is a four wheel drive.
Yes, it has good all weather tires.
YES, IT'S STUCK.

What you can't see is that there is a drop
off on the drivers side into what is a simple
planter for vegetables.  So it is soft soil
for growing things - not driving on.

And you can see that there is not a good
retaining wall there.  It is maintained by
a few loose timbers stacked on each other.

If you were there so you could see the 
situation, you would understand that if 
the driver had tried just a little harder,
the Jeep would have slid on off and into
the shop you can't see.

And yes, with just a little help from a
pickup truck and a chain the Jeep was
brought back up onto hard ground.

What this makes me think of is some of
the stupidity I see on social media today.
You know;
"Try a little harder, you can do it."
"You can do anything you set your mind to."
"Hang in there, you'll make it."
"etc. etc. etc. etc."

Hey!  God made humans with limitations.
That is so when we hit our limitation - we
have to look up to Him for help.  God wants
to be our help and our source.

That is why Jesus said;

"Come to me, all of you who are
weary and carry heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest.  Take my
yoke upon you.  Let me teach you,
because I am humble and gentle at
heart, and you will find rest for your
souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, 
and the burden I give you is light."
(Matthew 11:28 - 30 NLT)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment