Sunday, April 14, 2019

HOW TO GRADE EGGS


I'm not really smart, but I think the carton 
says there are eighteen as in "18" eggs.  And
also, large as in "big".



But the contents look like small as in "little"
and about three dozen as in "36".

Well, really I have a friend who raises quails.
As a result he always has an excess of quail eggs
and freely passes out the excess eggs.

I used to have quails.  Those things are "laying
fools".  They can outlay a chicken any day in
the week.  If I remember correctly a chicken 
averages about one egg every day and one half.
But the quails average about one and one half
eggs every day.

We now eat a lot of quail eggs.  If you have 
never eaten quail eggs, they taste just like a 
chicken egg.  You can see that they are a lot
smaller.  This makes them very tedious to 
work with.

Mostly we just have boiled quail eggs.
It only takes about a dozen to make a 
breakfast.

But one of my favorite ways to use quail
eggs is - pickled.  They are great that way,
that is; if your wife will do all the work.







No comments:

Post a Comment