Saturday, March 16, 2019

MOTORCYCLES





MOTORCYCLES.

It was fun while it lasted.
I was only eighty three years old when my
insurance became due again.  Wouldn't you
know, they jacked the cost of my insurance
about 800%.

So, I simply rode the ride I was using then
over to the sale and hung up my keys for good.
That was the bike closest the ladder on the wall.
I'll admit, Ive hung onto the "Bandit" that shows
only the tail light in the left lower corner.  It is
"hopped" up and the fastest bike I have ever owned.
Well, you hang on to some of you memories too 
don't you? 

True, I wasted a lot of money on motorcycles.
Also true, it was fun while it lasted because God
in his mercy protected me all the way through
the experience.

But,
now that I will be eighty five in a couple of 
days, and know that I cannot live forever in
this old body, I wish I had spend more of 
that wasted money for God and my fellowman.
Just like yourself, one day I am going to stand
before God almighty and give an accounting of 
my life here on earth.

I could have done better.








No comments:

Post a Comment