Saturday, October 27, 2018

RUST BUCKET



No, it don't say "RUST BUCKET" on the side.
That was just me playing with the computer.

However, all the rust is real.
This is an old pickup I bought from an old lady
up in Nebraska off eBay years ago.

When I bought it there was rust on it O.K.
But inside it looked like brand new.
To myself a truck is a tool, not a trophy.
In fact I get a great deal of satisfaction out
of the old thing.  I am old and falling apart
and I have a matching truck.

Most people would be offended having a
vehicle that looked like that.  But consider 
this.  I paid $1,500.00 for it about 12 or 13
years ago.  I have probably put about $2,000.00
more into it in maintenance, tires and repairs
etc.  How many of you have a vehicle that gives
you 12 or 13 years of service for only about
$3,500.00.

So, this old man thanks God for this old
truck and I just "keep on trucking".





No comments:

Post a Comment