Sunday, September 2, 2018

THE BOSS



You would have to be a grandfather to understand
this one.  This is one of my grandkids.  And years
ago when this picture was taken, she could boss me
around about all she wanted.  I would have done any
thing in the world for her, if it was not bad for her,
was not illegal and I could.  [Her brother would have
come close also.]

But now, she is in her mid teens.  And it is going
to take a great big "PLEASE" to get anything out
of me now.

What I have learned is that when the kids are 
still "helpless" and "teachable" they can knock
me over with a feather. [I know, when even younger
than that they manipulate you.  They learn that
before they get out of diapers.]  But by the time 
they become "know it all's" - don't bother me.

I find that same thing in life it's self with 
"grown ups".  If they come in acting like
a "know it all" with an overdose of self
esteem and pushing, well forget it.  Go
bother someone else.

There is a place for humility that few
people understand today.



No comments:

Post a Comment