Saturday, October 21, 2017

ONE OF A KIND





Attached to the end of that old 1/4" hand drill is
an old toy cast iron wood lathe.

I probably acquired the lathe as a young boy back
about 1947.  But I have been dragging it around from
home to home and state to state for about 70 years.
But never using it for anything but to take up space.

You do understand about grand kids - don't you?
And especially great grand kids.  Well, it's the
great grand kids that get ahold of me.  And they
were needing home made whistles.

Now the whistles I make require a "fipple" block.
And the size of wood dowel I need is not always
available - that is up until now.

So, after looking around to see what I could get
my hands on we came up with this homemade
"fipple" block lathe to make homemade whistles.

Only one in the world like this one.  it works
great.

SORRY.
I just had to brag a little.




No comments:

Post a Comment