Saturday, July 2, 2016

OF SQUIRRELS AND RABBITS

(Images courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com)

Out here where I live wild animals  are almost
as much a driving hazard as the domesticated 
drivers with cell phones in town.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY
ARE GOING TO GO.
AND,
THEY DON'T EITHER.

That is where all the road kill on our roads
comes from.  Deer, racoons, possums, skunks,
armadillos, rabbits, squirrels and drivers with
cell phones.

A short time back I was driving down a 
dirt tree lined country road.  I believe it
was county road 8350.  And I was doing
what you are supposed to do under the
circumstances.  Bounce around in the 
old truck and stir up a dust.

I happened to notice one of the larger trees
on the right side of the road with a squirrel
up the tree about two or three feet from the 
ground.  The squirrel was on the side of the
tree away from the road.  Just as safe as a 
squirrel can get.

I have to assume that it was a teenage boy
squirrel that wanted to show a girl squirrel
how brave and fearless he was.  So, he ran
down the tree and darted across the road in
front of me.

Lucky squirrel.  I was able to miss him.



This morning I was driving down our road when
I saw a small rabbit on the right side of the road.
He/she/it was on the pavement but almost off in
the weeds.  Really safe enough.  And if not content
there, it's nose was in the weeds at the side of the
road where it could easily go.

But no,
it had to turn and go the other way darting in
front of the truck.  I tried to straddle it, but that
was not good enough.  It didn't make it.
Poor rabbit.

But really.
Are we any different????
We ignore signs and warnings.
We try to ignore God himself.
And dart right out into danger.


"Sensible people will see trouble coming
and avoid it, but an unthinking person
will walk right into it and regret it later."
(Proverbs 22:5 GNT)

No comments:

Post a Comment