Tuesday, April 20, 2010

THE OLD MOTORCYCLE


































I made a mistake. See, I even got the images all mixed
up. Of course you don't know what a mistake is. But
if some one will not tell you, it is in the dictionary.

I "had" and old GS550 that I had tinkered with until it
would scream. I took it off the road and used it to ride
around the house and field.

Tinker with it and ride it. But then we begin to clean up
around here and I made the mistake of getting ride of it.

It did not bother me until this spring. Then bam. It hit
me hard. I wanted an old bike to tinker with and race
around the place on. My street bikes are fine just the
way they are. They are for riding - not tinkering with.

















A dirt bike would do all I wanted. But I wanted to strip
it down the way I wanted. Half the fun is in the tinkering.
The the other 90% is in the riding. (You add it up.)

My conscience would not allow me to spend much on it.
The major priority was, CHEAP. You know, just a little
more than I would carry in my wallet.

For about a month I searched ebay. Yes there were
several there - in Main, California or Washington etc.
But I did not want to travel more than about two
hundred miles to get it.

A month of following ebay, craigslist, the newspaper
and all the local shoppers resulted in nothing.

















Next step. I ask some of my online friends to pray for me
and my situation. That was a Friday morning.

By Friday after noon the Lord let me understand the
part the motorcycle was to play for me.

The next day, Saturday, a friend just happened to come
by. I mentioned my search to him.

He just happened to need gas.

While getting gas an acquaintance of his just happened
to come out of the store.

His brother-in-law had passed away and he just
happened to have an old motorcycle setting in his shed.

It just happened that he was trying to sell it for his sister.

On Sunday I went and looked at it. It just happened to
be exactly what I was wanting. Even one of the favored
brands for this project.

It just happened to be in the correct price range.

Oh! and it just happened to be between two and three
miles from my house.

So on Monday I just happened to go to the bank and
get him the cash.

And before the week was out it just happened to be mine
and setting in my shop.

















As you can see, I'm changing both the style and the brand
of it.

Of course these are only external changes.

It is not like when a persons turns their life over to the
Lord Jesus Christ and He changes them from the inside
out.

Now you can go on working things out with your own
"smarts" if you like. But as for me. I like it best when
God begins to work it out for me.

You can call this old bike junk, ugly or a rat bike.
But I call it fun.










































No comments:

Post a Comment