Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A DODGE MOTORCYCLE

There. You can see
it with your own
eyes. A "DODGE"
motorcycle.

This belongs to a
friend so I knew
where to look for it.
I've ridden a lot
of miles with him and that old motorcycle. NO,
not on it with him. I was on whatever motorcycle
I was riding that day.

Here is more proof.
The name plate on
the right side of the
motorcycle.

Now if you believe
this, it proves two
things.

l. You do not know anything about motorcycles.
That's O.K. No hard feelings.
2. You are very easily deceived.

Things simply are not always what they appear
to be.

Kinda reminds me of a fellow I used to be
acquainted with. When I got acquainted with him,
we were both lonely guys. Our wives had dumped
us. They were a lot smarter than us. Had to have
been. Why else would they have left us?

Now he had a going business in a neighboring
community. And he drove a new American made
luxury car. One of the best. I didn't have either.

Some times we would be setting together in
Church. He had a way of putting in his offering
so every one could see the size of his donation.
Yep. It was about twice the size of mine.

He invited me over to his place to see his new
indoor pool. I don't think I ever told him where
I lived. It would not begin to compare.

We both got married within about a week of each
other. And yes, it just happened that our wives
were acquainted with each other.

Just about the time he returned his "luxury"
vehicle, to the dealership I worked for - so they
would not have to repossess it. I found out by way
of the "wifevine" that he did not have any money
after all. It was all a big show. I had always
suspected that his "new" wife was attracted by his
flamboyant ways. When she dumped him real
quick for someone else, I was even more suspicious
of it.

Things are not always what they appear to be.

Even The Book says, "Some people pretend to
be rich, but have nothing. Others pretend to be
poor, but own a fortune."

The next time you see some one who is pretending
to be;
  • Rich
  • Smart
  • Strong
  • Informed
  • Spiritual
  • Gifted
  • etc.
just remember, they may not be a bit ahead of
you and me. Maybe even behind us.

Shakespeare said, "All the world is a stage. And
the people on it are actors."

If he did not say it, he should have.

We may fool others. But we sure don't fool God.


















No comments:

Post a Comment